2018 Western Canadian Pinball Championships (WCPC)
Powered by :
The Nitro Pinball – WCPC is the showcase event at the Edmonton Pinball and Arcade Expo. This will be IFPA sanctioned and will be an opportunity to get world ranking points and an opportunity to get into the top 16 places in ranking for an opportunity to compete in the Alberta Pinball Provincial Championship on February 2019 for a chance to win an entry into the IFPA State Championship Series in March 2019. Come out, bring out your best game and see if you can compete with some of the best pinball players in the world.
Friday: Noon – 9:30pm (ticket sales will end at 9:00pm)
Saturday: 10am – 9:30pm (volunteer qualifying only from 8:30pm – 9:30pm)
Note: VIP ticket holders will have an extra hour in the morning for qualification.
Sunday: 9:00am – 3:30pm
- The tournament will be using a HERB style (best score format) with unlimited qualifying attempts using PAPA position/rank scoring (1st 200, 2nd 190, 3rd 185, 184, …)
- The tournaments are fully open to the public along with your PRE-PAID admission to YEGPIN.
- Qualifying can be attempted anytime during tournament hours on Friday or Saturday, but you must be available to show up for Sunday if you qualify for the playoff round.
- Top 24 scores will qualify for the ‘Main’ division, the next 8 scores will qualify for ‘B’ division (25-32 place), the next 4 places will qualify for Novice division, the next 4 women’s places will qualify for the Women’s title. The women who qualify for the Main, B or Novice will play in that playoff, the next best 4 women will play in the Women’s playoffs. In other words the top 36 players (depending on restrictions) in this tournament and the next best 4 women will play in a playoff round on Sunday.
- The B division is restricted to players with a IFPA rank of 1,000 or greater
- Novice division is restricted to players with a IFPA rank of 2,500 or greater
- Finals start at 9:00 am on Sunday, if you make the top 40 in the tournament please be prepared to play on Sunday.
- Byes will be provided in the ‘Main’ division to the top 8 qualifiers
- Each elimination (playoff) round will be a three game Professional & Amateur Pinball Association (PAPA) four player scoring format (4,2,1,0 scoring) knockout round with two players advancing until the final 4 grouping.
- NEW!!! Read carefully. Pinburgh quasi style playoff: 3 machines (modern, early dmd/late solid state,early solid state) in that order will be used to make up 12 machines. Top seed will get choice of first machine or position, after first game position will be determine in descending order of rank on the previous machine. In future rounds, a player cannot pick the same machine to start.
- All entries for the tournament are administered electronically through the DTM scoring system and can be used for the WCPC or Classic Tournament.
- Tickets for either tournament will be able at the tournament desk, there are unlimited entries so you can purchase as many as you want to try to qualify for the tournament playoffs on Sunday.
|Type||Each||3 Tickets||7 Tickets||20 Tickets|
|WCPC or Classics||$4||$10||$20||$50|
- Prizing will be provided to the top 16 in Main, top 3 in B division, novice and women’s.
- Over $7000 in cash and prizes to be given away to the winners of the WCPC (Based on 125 VIP tickets sold, subject to change).
|Division||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||5th-8th||9th-16th||16th – 24th|
|Main||$1500, Trophy||$1000, Plaque||$750, Plaque||$500||$200||$100||$50|
|B Division||$200, Trophy||$150, Plaque||$100, Plaque||$50||N/A||N/A||N/A|
Rules: (11) eleven modern pinball machines will be selected for the Nitro Pinball – WCPC, and your best scores on (6) will count to your final total. All machines will only be available to tournament participants so you must enter the tournament in order to have a chance to try out these machines. In the finals, (12) pinball machines (a mix of modern and classic solid state machines) will be used to determine the winner of the Nitro Pinball – WCPC tournament.
- All rules, malfunctions, machine settings and player conduct to be based on PAPA rules.
- Extra Balls will be turned off or a sign posted to ‘Play Extra Balls’ on particular games if needed.
Schedule: (Sunday May 6, 2018)
|Tentative Times||Group 1||Group 2||Group 3||Group 4||Comments|
|9:30 AM||A – 9th-24th||A – 9th-24th||A – 9th-24th||A – 9th-24th||Top 2 advance|
|11:00 AM||A – Quarter Finals||A – Quarter Finals||A – Quarter Finals||A – Quarter Finals||Top 2 advance|
|12:30 PM||A – Semi Finals||A – Semi Finals||B – Semi Finals||B – Semi Finals||Top 2 Advance|
|2:00 PM||A – Finals||B – Finals||N – Finals||W – Finals|
- Competitors in A division to arrive at 9:15AM for sign-in
- Competitors in B division to arrive at 12:00PM for sign-in
- Competitors in Novice and Women’s division to arrive at 1:30PM for sign-in