YEGPIN – Pro Pinball Championship
The YEGPIN Pro Pinball Championship will be IFPA sanctioned and will be an opportunity to get world ranking points and an opportunity to get into the top 16 places in ranking for an opportunity to compete in the Alberta Pinball Provincial Championship on February 2019 for a chance to win an entry into the IFPA State Championship Series in March 2019.
The tournament pays hommage to the old PAPA World Pinball Championship format. It is a high stakes, card based style tournament that will bring out the very best players to compete for the chance to be the champion of the event.
Friday: Noon – 9:30pm (ticket sales will end at 8:30pm), Note: VIP ticket holders will have an extra hour in the morning for qualification.
Saturday: 9:30am – 12:30pm
- The tournament will be using a unlimited PAPA 4 machine card style using PAPA position/rank scoring (1st 100, 2nd 95, 3rd 90, 89, 88, 87…) for each machine.
- The tournaments are open to the public along with your PRE-PAID admission to the expo.
- Top 8 scores will qualify for main draw playoffs.
- Finals start at 9:30 AM on Saturday.
- Each elimination round will be a four game Professional & Amateur Pinball Association (PAPA) four player format (3,2,1,0 scoring) knockout round with two players advancing until the final 4 grouping.
- Match Play 4 player playoff: 4 machines: (1) Modern LCD, 1 Modern, 1 Late Solid State, 1 Early Solid State) in that order will be used to make up the 4 machines. All playoff games will start on Modern LCD or Late Solid State. Top seed will get choice of position, after first game position will be determine in descending order of rank on the previous machine.
- All entries for the tournament are administered electronically through the DTM scoring system and can only be used for the High Stakes Pinball Tournament.
- Tickets will be able at the tournament desk, there are unlimited entries so you can purchase as many as you want to try to qualify for the tournament playoffs on Saturday.
- This tournament will be hard capped at 80 competitors.
- All tournament tickets are non-refundable, play at your own risk, unused entries are the responsibility of the competitor.
|Type||1 Card||3 Cards||5 Cards|
- $1000 in cash will be put into the starting pool by YEGPIN, all cards entries will be added to the prize pool and paid out at 90%.
- Prizes will be awarded to all of the playoff qualifiers, the percentages are below.
Rules:The YEGPIN Pro Pinball Championship machines will only be available to tournament participants so you must enter the tournament in order to have a chance to try out these machines. Four (4) machines will be available for play, all will be counted towards your card.
- Machine list to be updated closer to the event.
- All rules, malfunctions and rules, machine settings and player conduct to be based on PAPA rules.
- Extra Balls will be Turned Off or a sign posted to Play Extra Balls on Particular games if needed.
- A detailed listing of all the rules being used for this event can be found here.
Playoff Schedule: Saturday May 5, 2018
|Tentative Times||Group 1||Group 2||Comments|
|09:30||M – Semi Finals||M – Semi Finals||Top 2 advance|
|11:00||M – Finals|
- 4 machine, 3,2,1,0 scoring for all playoff rounds.