Canadian Pinball Championships (CPC)
The CPC is the showcase pinball event at YEGPIN, that has three different tournaments to showcase the talents of pinball players in North America.
CPC – Open (Main, B and Novice Divisions) – Stern Circuit Event
CPC – Women’s (Main)
CPC – Youth (Main 9-12, Novice 5-8)
All tournaments are IFPA sanctioned and built for all skill levels. There are four skill divisions in the event, with beautiful customized trophies going to all of the winners. The event has grown each year and we had just under 150 entrants in the tournament last year. This event continues to grow so don’t miss out, show your stuff and compete against some of the best pinball players in the world.
Canadian Pinball Championships (CPC) – Open
Qualifying Hours: May 1 – 3, 2020
|Day||Qualifying Hours||Last Game|
|Friday||12:00PM – 9:30PM*||9:30PM|
|Saturday||10:00AM – 10:30PM*||11:30PM**|
*VIP ticket holders will have an extra hour in the morning for qualification.
** Volunteers will have an extra hour at the end of qualification on Saturday.
- The tournament will be using a HERB style (best score format) with unlimited qualifying attempts using PAPA position/rank scoring (1st 200, 2nd 190, 3rd 189, 188, 187 …)
- The tournaments are fully open to the public along with your PRE-PAID admission to YEGPIN.
- Qualifying can be attempted anytime during tournament hours on Friday or Saturday, but you must be available to show up for Sunday if you qualify for the playoff round.
- Top 24 scores will qualify for the ‘Main’ division, the next 8 scores (restricted) will qualify for ‘B’ division, the next 4 (restricted) places will qualify for Novice division. Women who also qualify for the CPC and WCPC can play in both playoffs.
- The B division is restricted to players with a IFPA rank of 1,000 or greater
- Novice division is restricted to players with a IFPA rank of 2,500 or greater
- Finals start at 9:00 am on Sunday, please check the standings in each division if you qualified and be prepared to play on Sunday. No substitutes will be allowed in the playoff rounds, and any prize money is forfeited for no shows.
- Byes will be provided in the ‘Main’ division to the top 8 qualifiers
- Each elimination (playoff) round will be a three game Professional & Amateur Pinball Association (PAPA) four player scoring format (4,2,1,0 scoring) knockout round with two players advancing until the final 4 grouping.
- Pinburgh quasi style playoff: 3 machines (LCD or modern/early dmd or late solid state, early solid state) in that order will be used to make up 12 machines. Top seed will get choice of first machine (this determines your bank of three or four depending on tiebreaker) and position, after first game position will be determine in descending order of rank on the previous machine.
- For those that have not pre-registered there may be an opportunity to register for CPC, WCPC or Classic Tournaments this year at the show, the registration fee will be a one time $25 registration fee and will only be accepted if the tournaments have under 200 people registered.
- All entries for the tournament are administered electronically through the DTM scoring system and can be used for the CPC, Classics and WCPC Tournaments.
- Tickets for any of these tournaments will be able at the tournament desk, there are unlimited entries so you can purchase as many as you want to try to qualify for the tournament playoffs on Sunday.
|Type||3 Tickets||7 Tickets||20 Tickets|
Prize Pools: (subject to change: based on 150 VIP tickets sold)
- Prizing will be provided to the top 24 in Main, top 8 in B division, top 4 in novice.
- Just over $10,000 in cash and prizes to be given away to the winners of the CPC (Based on 150 VIP tickets sold, subject to change).
- Beautiful custom trophies will be given to the winners of each division, 2-4 places will receive plaques.
|B Division (8)||$250||$150||$100||$75||$50||N/A||N/A|
(12) twelve modern pinball machines will be selected for the CPC, and your best scores on (7) will count to your final total. All machines will only be available to tournament participants so you must enter the tournament in order to have a chance to try out these machines. In the finals, (12) pinball machines (a mix of modern, mid-modern/late solid state and classic solid state machines) will be used to determine the winner of the CPC tournament.
- All rules, malfunctions, machine settings and player conduct to be based on PAPA rules.
- Extra Balls will be turned off or a sign posted to ‘Play Extra Balls’ on particular games if needed.
- A detailed listing of all the rules being used for this event can be found here.
Playoff Schedule: (Sunday, May 3, 2020)
|Group 1||Group 2||Group 3||Group 4||Comments||Stream|
|9:15AM||A – 9th-24th||A – 9th-24th||A – 9th-24th||A – 9th-24th||Top 2 |
|11:00AM||A – Quarter Finals||A – Quarter Finals||A – Quarter Finals||A – Quarter Finals||Top 2 |
|12:45PM||A – Semi Finals||A – Semi Finals||B – Semi Finals||B – Semi Finals||Top 2 |
|02:00PM||A – Finals||B – Finals||N – Finals||N/A||A – Finals|
- Competitors in A division to arrive at 9:00AM for sign-in.
- Competitors in A division bye to arrive at 10:15AM for sign-in.
- Competitors in B division to arrive at 11:45AM for sign-in.
- Competitors in Novice to arrive at 1:15PM for sign-in.